cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

JQuery validation on FOrm Submission

Jump to solution

I have a look up list on my form that has to be shown only
if the user who is going to fill out the form is not a CBO employee, I have handled this part.

If the look up list is shown then a value from the list must be selected, if no value is selected then when the form is submitted it must trough
a validation message.I know I have to write some Jquery but I don’t know how to
write JQuery, can you help.

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: JQuery validation on FOrm Submission

Jump to solution

Hi Nafiseh,

Great news! You no longer have to use jQuery when applying validation in Nintex Forms.

Nintex Forms now allows designers to add custom Validation Rules in the Forms designer.

For more information, please review this post: Re: Validation on choice control

Thank you,

Sean Fiene

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks, actually I did try validation but it doesn't work I have a look up list so I added a rule and selected validation then in condition I wrote SuperintendentName == 0 then validation message but doesn't work

I have tried SuperintendentName == '' or "" but non of them works

Not applicable

Jump to solution

also I have another validation\I have a choice radio button values are staff, student , staff and student

I have a employee item and type is people

validation should be checked only if staff or "staff and Student" are chosen

how do I do that, I added a rule and in the condition I have and(choice != 'Student' , employee = "") but the validation is not working

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Nafiseh,

Writing the JQuery you need might be a little involved.  Could you post your list/form template here for downloading?  This would allow us to look into it further.   As for your validation rule, please use a double == when you want something to check for equality,  so employee == ''  should be used instead.  See if that fixes your immediate issue.

Thanks

Not applicable

Jump to solution

How do I post my list template for downloading?

Sent from my iPhone

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

When you hit reply to this message, in the composer box upper right corner you will see "Use advanced editor".  Click on that and it will open another composer box.  In the bottom right hand corner of the advanced editor, you can select "Attach" and attach your files.

Thanks

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Has this been resolved?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Nafiseh,

Although Mike is correct, jQuery could be used, the following Validation rule will work for you:

• Choice control is named: "Choice"
  • Employee control is named: "Employee"

Validation Rule: ((Choice == "Staff" || Choice == "Staff and Student") && (Employee == ""))

Thank you,

Sean Fiene

0 Kudos