Install problem, SQL error: Invalid column name 'ProcsetID'

• 18 January 2006
  • 4 replies

Badge
Hello all,

We would like to set up our development environment in our office. I just prepared our server and I wanted to install the K2.NET 2003 with SP2a (3.5140.1.0).

We have the following software configuration:
- Windows 2003 server (Hungarian language version) with the most recent SP
- SPS 2003 + SP1 (Hungarian)
- Visual studio 2003
- SQL 2000 server + SP4, named instance (DBSERVERSQL2K), running side by side with an SQL 2005 developer edition (this one is the default SQL instance by the way)

I use the 'sa' login in the install wizard to access K2 and K2Log database. I also tried a different login with full access to everything on the SQL server.

We get the following error during the installation each time:
Run Database Stored Procedures (HF2) SQL Error -3
Invalid column name ProcsetID

I have no idea what should we try out. I will try to install the K2 server onto an english language W2003.

Please help us out if you have any idea.
Kind regards,
Tomi

4 replies

Badge +6
Contrary to belief it is not possible to install K2.net on any other collation the Latin1_General_CI_AS.

It does not matter if the collation in question has CI_AS.

The error you encounter is the error message returned from a collation other the Latin1_General.
Badge +2
Hi,

(from another company than tmajor)

Does this mean that we cannot install K2.NET properly on _any_ SQL Server use other collation settings than "Latin1_General_CI_AS"? Where can we find any "official" info about this issue from any "official" K2 representatives? - or can we use ConradK2's post as an official statement? Even in our communication with the customer (who wants to run K2 on a hungarian SQL with hungarian collation)?

Please respond.

regards,
matyas
Badge +11
Matyas,

The forum is an informal place to share knowledge within the K2.net community and in my eyes not a place for official company statements.

For official company statements, please contact your local K2.net Business Development Manager/Sales Representative.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +2
Hello,

Ockert:
Altough you are right in the fact that this is an informal place, it is currently irrevelant as the behavior of the K2.NET installation is the same even if we are talking about this issue on a private channel. :)

Anyway, I think it's my fault as my questions were ambigous but the only thing I'd like to know that are there any official (and maybe public) sites where we can find some official info about issues like this and can use in our communication with our customers (something like MSDN and KB articles related to MS products), or we should make contact with our K2 support representative at each time when we would like to clarify something?

thank in advance,
matyas