In Workflow 2007 using the Query List action I'm trying to use workflow constants for the Site URL and in my CAML query I'm trying to use a workflow constant for the List ID. This is so I can develop in one environment and import into another. I rece

• 7 August 2014
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

In Workflow 2007 using the Query List action I'm trying to use workflow constants for the Site URL and in my CAML query I'm trying to use a workflow constant for the List ID. This is so I can develop in one environment and import into another. I receive the error  "Failed to query list data. Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.". If I hardcode the workflow constant values in the Site URL and CAML query for List ID all works as expected. Should I be able to use the workflow constants in the Query List action?

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

When you used the List ID Constant, did you put quotes around it?  Like this:

<List ID="{Common:ListID}"/>

If you didn't, you'll get an error.

Badge +1

Brendan,

Thanks for the reply. Yes...I put quotes around the constant.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

And it's still failing?  Can you provide a screen shot of your query list setup then with the CAML?

Badge +1

Not sure why but it now working. I did have a Web Service action after the Query List action that was not working but did not generate an error. I removed the Web Service action and now the Query List action is working.

Again - thanks for the reply.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

No problem.  Glad it's working.