Error: While trying to create Sharepoint Management Instance

• 13 November 2014
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I am facing this issue trying to create a service instance of a sharepoint online site.

13534i88B41559646FE58A.png

This is my config screen

13489i48B915CC9E07BAE3.png

I am using the Oauth token generated from configuring k2 for sharepoint app for the authentication process

I have tried with and without AAD in security provider.

How do I resolve this ?

Thanks in Advance 

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Dear Tejas K,

If I understand correctly, you are trying to create a SharePoint service instance via workspace, for a SharePoint 2013 site.

Unfortunately, I don't think this is a supported method. I believe that for SP 2013 (native) sites, the only supported means of configuring service instances is via the K2 for SharePoint app itself.

I may have completely misunderstood your intention here, though. That, and I may also be misremembering.

So, please let us know if this is indeed what you are trying to do, so I can have that investigated more in depth.

Thanks, and regards,

Gail

Badge +4

Hi Gail,

Thanks for the reply.

Here is what I am trying to do.

When I configured the K2 for Sharepoint App in my top level site collection, then it automatically created an instance of sharepoint 2013 service. My requirement involves managing site and list level permission. If I assign a role to a group using the workflows, then the role applies for each and ever entities (of course, barring those with unique permissions). So if I assign read permission to a group, the users in that group will have read level permission in each and every site.

So what I want is to create a service instance of sharepoint management for a subsite of this top level site, so that I can create and manage security groups relative to that site.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Tejas,

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you.

I've asked around, and confirmed this is not supported. All SP2013 service instances must be created from the K2 for SP app, and not manually. In addition, if you want a service instance for a subsite, you will need to "appify" that subsite to allow the app to create a service instance specific to that subsite.

I also know that Event Wizards to allow users/permission management in SP2013 are coming in 4.6.9, which should ship early next year.

Best regards,

Gail