cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Workflow Hero

Issue with Nintex Web Part and other connected lists on a SitePage

Hello,

I am currently testing a new SitePage which contains a list of "Active Profiles" that is connected to other lists as well as a Nintex Form Web Part for that same item. 

The user can select a Profile and 2 connected lists will populate with appropriate items and the Nintex Form populates as required. When the user Creates a new item on one of the sub lists, or edits it, it works as expected but when they complete that report, it will take them back but the Nintex Form will display "Please provide a valid list item ID." instead of the record name.

Before clicking on a New Item on the "Report Awaiting Closure" (this works as expected)Untitled.pngBefore selecting a sub list new item reportand after going to the sub list "new item" and returning back to this page: (error "Please provide a valid list item ID." is undesired)

Untitled2.pngafter returning from New Item page

the only way to get the report back is to select a different list item on the "Active Profiles" list and return back to the original one (in this case "P33-19").

We are running on Nintex Forms 2013 2.11.4.30 and sharepoint 2013 on-prem

Thank you

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Issue with Nintex Web Part and other connected lists on a SitePage

@danielr85 I'm taking a small stab and guessing its not really a problem but more of a timing and caching issue. When you originally load the page, the webpart does a query to get the data, and waits on the user to select an item. It then fetches that item and shows the form correctly. 

When you "return to the page" it does have context of the new item just created and thus ask for an ID. I could be wrong, but I wonder if instead of taking the user back to this page directly you redirect to a different page. In theory the user should hit this page, and select the record which does seem to work.

Does this make sense.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Thanks for the reply! 

What my manager is trying to set up is a "one stop shop" for having employees complete all the records to summarize their work. Things like scheduled times and work that was completed and the times it took to complete the work which there can be multiple of. 

Having the form take them to an alternate webpage after submitting the form would be very annoying since the user would have to come back to the same page again. I am open to suggestions but I've already displayed this layout to my managers who like it a lot. I can just see users getting frustrated with this behavour of having to select a different active profile and then returning to their active profile. 

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@danielr85 

Lets try and connect via zoom so I can see whats happening if possible. I may be missing something which could add to a solution for you. 

One random thought is to add a redirect URL to the form either using a rule or javascript to see if that forces a page refresh... This should help refresh all web parts which will help with the connected list web part setup.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Thanks again for the quick reply.

I am not sure if a refresh will work, I am currently refreshing the page in the browser and it still doesn't provide an ID. The only way I am able to refresh the ID is by selecting a different active profile and then reselecting the existing. I do see that in the URL I have a "SelectedID" parameter which is existing, the connected lists see this ID, for some reason the nintex form web app doesn't.

I am not sure what zoom is.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply