cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bashyarajan
Nintex Newbie

Issue when I Backup & Restore my Nintex DB from Development to Production Environment

Hi ,

I have a Nintex Workflows 2013 Standard Version and which was working well in my Development Environment. When I  tried moving my Nintex DB from my Development Environment to my Production Environment I am facing the below error.

"Failed to start workflow. Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'DatabaseID', table 'NW2013DB_ContentDB.dbo.Storage'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated."

‌ 

Thanks

Bashya Rajan A

1 Reply
praios81
Nintex Newbie

Re: Issue when I Backup & Restore my Nintex DB from Development to Production Environment

Had the same problem today. The problem was that the customer only used a config database which was also the only content databse. When running the prepare for new environment script the databases table of the config database gets cleared. For some reason now workflows don't find their respective database anymore and there is no action that readds the entry in the databases table. We tried reactivating the workflow site collection feature, reinstall, update database etc.

Eventually we reset the Index counter on the databases-Table and manually added the entry with the new SQL Server of the new environment.

24-04-_2019_15-12-28.png

After committing the update and performing an iisreset the workflow inventory showed up again.

The reply came late but I hope it still is useful for someone.

Best regards

Enrico

0 Kudos