K2 web designer for sharepoint 2010 Issue

• 15 September 2010
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

When trying to launch the web designer from within Sharepoint via the icon I get:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Any idea how to go about fixing this?

Thanks,

Jason

2 replies

Badge +7

Jason,

Are accessing the web designer from the "Custom Commands" tab in the sharepoint portal?

If so, that K2 web designer is our old process designer. Click on that icon failed because it could not load assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages, Version=12.0.0.0 from the web.config file. The installed 'Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages" assembly is version 14 with sharepoint 2010.

But I would suggest you to use the silverlight version of the K2 Process Designer. You can access the designer by clicking on List/Library Tools > under List/Library tab, you should see an icon "K2 Process".

Badge +3

Hi Jason,

From the error message I am guessing you are using WSS3.0 instead of MOSS 2007 SP1 or Higher.
Could you check whether or not the assembly is located in your GAC?

If not go to "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936988" and download SP1 for WSS3 and install it.

Regards,

Coenie