Accessing K2 Instance data from the database to use for a workflow

• 29 November 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I'm tasked with getting data from the K2 database server for all active workflow instances so that users can run a query of all workflow instances that are currently active and notify the appropriate user or group of users that they have tasks pending and prompt them to either agree to action the workflow task or to choose an outcome that would indicate the workflow instance can be canceled.

The particular database is on SQL Server 2012, and has already been consolidated.  In searching the tables, the ProcInst table seems to have what I'm looking for, the currently active instances.  At least as a starting point, anyway.

I'm not as versed on the coding aspect here, so looking for any advice anyone can provide at this point.

1 reply

Badge +10

K2 already has some out of the box SmartObjects that your can query that contain this type of information using the K2 SmartObject Tester tool or else for the users you could potentially build views and Forms utilizing those SmartObjects.

This may help:

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/4.7/default.htm#resources/projects/reportingfork2/reportingfork2custp1sotester.htm