Formula on Nintex form to Prevent the upload of duplicate attachments

• 4 December 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi I have a Nintex form in a SharePoint List. With respect to my requirements, this list should not contain any records/items with duplicate attachments. Is there some kind of a validation rule I could setup for my attachments control on the Nintex form to achieve this? If yes and if there is some kind of a special formula involved, can someone kindly give me some direction on how to write it?

Thanks and regards,

-Sean

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Sean,

as far as I know there is no such validation. There is no builtin function to validate name, file size or content of an attachment to be uploaded so I don't see any options to validate if two attachments are the same.

Best regards

Enrico

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I can imagine this could be doable just in case you allowed just one attachment per item.

then you could create a list field that would hold attachment name. the field would need to be configured to 'Enforce unique values'

in form you would need some javascript that would parse out attachment name from attachment control and stored it to a control connected to mentioned list field.

in such a setup, once you tried to submit an item with duplicate attachment name, sharepoint would reject it.