cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there any way to speed up the Nintex claims conversion process?

If I run the convert-spwebapplication cmdlet I can see in the ULS logs that the SharePoint conversion process completes in around 30 mins.  The Nintex stored procedure is then automatically run and that takes anything up to 12 hours to migrate the same set of users.  I can see in SQL Profiler the MigrateUserInContentDB stored procedure running for hour after hour.  Neither the SQL server nor the SharePoint server show any sign of performing poorly in any other regard.  The farm has around 500GB of data split between 10 content databases and something like 15k unique logons over the course of a year.  Most of those are not regular users but I can see there could be a lot of records to update.  Does the sort of time I'm seeing for the conversion seem right?  Are there ways to speed it up? 

Thanks

Daryl

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Is there any way to speed up the Nintex claims conversion process?

Hi Daryl, When you run the "Convert-SPWebApplication" SharePoint power shell command there is a Nintex hidden feature that gets activated and run on the background to work side by side with SharePoint command and convert Nintex users. This feature is used to update the username from classic to claims against the Nintex Workflow databases. Tables involved are: ·         HumanWorklflowApprovers ·         WorkflowInstance ·         DelegationHistory So that should work fine, unless you have a huge amount of user data in these tables or maybe some SQL connection issues.  you could run the SQL script manually to complete the Nintex users migration. Please see this link for more details: https://community.nintex.com/docs/DOC-1181   Hope that help.   Thanks, Majid

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Majid,  Since posting this I've logged the problem as a support ticket so I'll pursue it through that avenue.  But in response to your suggestion, I've tried running the SQL script manually and that ran through in less than a minute.  User names were updated in the tables you refer to.  All very encouraging, but when I run the convert-spwebapplication it seems to ignore the fact that the accounts have already been updated and starts running the SQL script again at a snails pace which you can track through the ULS logs.  If I get a resolution to the problem I'll post the answer back here.

Daryl

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Daryl,

I would suggest that you start the SQL profiler when running the convert-spwebapplication command and watch the SQL script that get executed on the Nintex Database and see why its taking long time to execute while when you execute it the same SQL script directly on the SQL server it took less than a minute.

Hope that help.

Majid

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply