How to check for a field status within a Pause for 1 hour loop but only send one email per day?

• 20 January 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I am trying to find a good way for checking the status of a field column in a list item, while setting a 1 hour pause within a loop action.  I also have an email notification in the loop action.  What would be the best way to keep the loop running, and have the Pause action run 24 times in a day (each hour), but only send one email per day?  Then if the field value does not change the next day, I want it to check every hour again, and have 1 email to be sent again, and then have that process repeat every day until the field value is changed and the loop conditions are met.  Ideas?

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Nick,

You could create an integer variable ("Counter") and increment it in the loop using the Math Operation action.  Then have a RunIf action to check if Counter >= 24.  In the RunIf you could send your email and reset the counter to 1.  There are a few other ways this could be done, but I think this is the easiest.  Do you need to control what time of day the email is sent? Or only restrict it to once per 24 hours?

BTW - note that the 1 hour pause will not be exactly every hour.  I would expect it to be +/- 5 minutes.

Badge +3

This is great Tom!  No, I do not need to control the time of day to send the email.  I just need to base the starting time on when the Status is initially set to "Assigned".  So, this works fine for my purpose.  Thanks!