How to sisplaying views as per selecting values in list item

• 21 April 2014
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I want to design the three views in one form with K2 smart form designer as below:-

1st view list view

2 and 3 view is item view.

1st view is employee list view, when user will select any employee on list view there is one status column in list view depending on which i have to show 2nd or 3rd item view. Please let me know how  can i achive this scenario. Any example will help in understanding the design.

Thanks in advance.

3 replies

Badge +6

Hi ,

You could have a go at achieving this using Rules. For eg.) when an item on table control is clicked (the event) the other views are populated with data depending on the clicked value using SmartObject methods as the action.

Regards,

Badge +6

Hi Prashant,

I have not received any feedback from you as yet. I was just wondering if you managed to work through the issue?

Regards

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi Prashant

I suggest that you create the whole scenario exactly as you stated but add a rule to call the chosen view (view 2 or view 3) - preferebly use the "Execute a subview" rule, this will do the following, when any record or user is selected on the list view 1 then the 2nd or 3rd view will popup accordigly.

create the scenario as follows:

1. Create a SmartObject

2. Generate/Create a view (View 1) from the SmartObject

3. Design view 1 as you want it to look like

4. Create two more views (view 2 and view 3)

5. Design view 2 and 3 as you would like

6. Open view 1 in edit mode and in the properties select the smartobject datasource for the employees that are going to be used (this data can be static or it can come from a self created smartobject or you can use a AD SmartObject which as all the system users)

7. now after your first view can be populated with data by the use of step 6. add a rule to the first view that would look something like this:

"when Column A is initialized"

"then open view 2 as subview"