cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there a way to access the .XOML rules file to edit them?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Doe anyone know where the .XOML rules file is stored that can be edited? When I use explorer to the SharePoint site to find the Nintex workflow files, it looks like the rules are just copies from another stored location. When I edit the files Nintex does not recognize the changes. Any ideas or is it that the rules are somewhere in a hidden location on the server?

Issue I have:

I have a Nintex workflow that I can not open because there is a "from" email address that is not on the Network anymore and according to our support team I need to remove this address. I believe it could be any email in there, I just need to remove it, but I cannot use the preview window of Nintex to get to the controls. I receive a "foundation error" when timing out.

I was able to find the rules using Explorer and also with SharePoint designer to navigate to the location

Thanks

Labels: (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Is there a way to access the .XOML rules file to edit them?

Jump to solution

XOML files lie in a hidden library called "NintexWorkflows" but I've never tried to edit them manually.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you Philipp, that was it!!! I had been navigating through designer and selecting the [Workflows] folder icon and that is where the copies were being stored. Selecting the [Nintex Workflows] folder is where the origninals are. My confusion was that the InfoPath flexi task forms were being "read" from the copy location [workflows] so it didn't occur to me both locations are used during the workflow process.

My steps were to navigate [Nintex workflows]> [Workflow name in question]. Check out the workFlowNameInQuestion.xoml. Export one to save as a backup and Export one to edit. Open in notepad ++, set the language to xml. Find and edit sections (removing email addresses in my case), saving, reimporting and checking back in. Then to the front end of SharePoint opening the workflow. Wow, I've been looking in the wrong spot the whole time.

You just saved me a ton of work, have a virtual beer on me!

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Glad I could help you =)

Can you please mark either your own or my answer as correct so people can see this issue is solved?

Best Regards

Philipp

0 Kudos