Overlapping Panels with Calculated Values and Fee Text Fields

Badge +4

I have a form I'm working on that has overlapping panels, on purpose (unless there is a better way). They are identical in layout, headings, etc. However, one panel will be visible if the user selects a pre-filled template from a drop down list. If this happens, the panel that shows up has all the fields as calculated values, pulling from a master list in the SharePoint site that contains specific template information (account numbers, bank names, etc). The second panel, is the exact same, only the calculated value fields are replace with the list columns and are free-type text. So, if they choose template "MT202" for example, this is a blank template. I want them to be able to type in the information manually.

The problem is that when I go to the list and create a new item, the panel that shows up with the free-type text works and populates the column fields like it should. On the other hand, the panel with all the calculated values as fields show blank, even if there is pre-populated data. 

I've tried moving one panel down below the other, but nothing seems to work. 

I want the user to be able to select a template with pre-filled data (calculated values) and save it, and have that information show up in the list view. Same time, I want a user to choose a blank template if they want and manually enter information and have that info be visible in the list view as well.

Seems like the free-type text works fine, but the calculated values don't carry over into the list. 

*NOTE* The calculated values does work because I've tested it without the other "blank" panel. So I know it works if that panel isn't there.

How can I make this work so that either the manual text and/or the pre-filled calculated values pull through to the list view?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
If you have 2 controls on a form connected to the same list column one will always overwrite the other. You choose your panel with the Calculated values and they submit to the list but your second panel with the blank values then overwrites the entries.
Badge +4

Any ideas how to make it work, other than adding additional columns and having the calc value fields write to those additional columns?