cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there a problem with uploading more than 2 attachments?

I am having some trouble with attaching more than 2 files into the workflow.

After the original custom form, and moving to the next task form, I tried attaching 4 files but it gives an error.

However, when I attach 2 files, it still can flow to the next task form.

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Re: Is there a problem with uploading more than 2 attachments?

I don't know if its Sharepoint causing the problem or Nintex but have you reached a file size restriction? In SharePoint the default size limitation is 50 MB.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hey,

Initially, I uploaded 2 files - sizes of around 50kb each. (Attaching those still work - two attachments have been working normally)

However, when I start uploading 4 or even 3 files, it starts to give an error. I thought it was the file size as well, but I tried using dummy cases, files of size 2 bytes each, and it still gets the error.

Do you have any idea why?
Is it the attachment not saving to the form data? What is happening because everything does not submit and save?

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

What type of files are these those won't work? Are they different types than the kind that does work?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Surprisingly, even the normal notepad and word documents don't work.
I tried every possible combination, notepad with excel, notepad only, notepad with word documents - but as long as it's more than 2, an error starts to occur.

Even I am not sure what's happening. Do you think you know what's going on?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
andrewg
Nintex Newbie

One thing that is definite is that you cannot upload files to SharePoint with no data. Or empty txt files. I'd assume a 2byte file would always fail to upload if those are empty files.

Did I miss that you have tried to upload these files to a regular list item, and not through the workflow task? Create a custom list, no special content type, allow attachments, then create an item and attach files. What are your results?

0 Kudos
Warwick
Nintex Newbie

Have you tested doing the same process to a non-Nintex form, just a SharePoint out of the box form?

The above doesn't sound like a Nintex specific error to me.

0 Kudos