Date/Time control won't stay put

• 23 August 2016
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +8

Greetings:

The Date/Time control in one of my Nintex  2010 forms is too wide, so I've used the suggestions I've found elsewhere to apply custom CSS styling to make it smaller.  Here are the styles I'm applying:

.my-datetime input {

width: 80px ;

}

.my-datetime {

width: 120px !important;

}

This works fine except that one of the controls that I'm applying this too won't stay where I place it (see below images).  Upon saving and publishing the form everything looks good but then later I notice that the control has moved, even without me changing anything.  I have to conclude from this that even with the custom styling the control's native size conflicts with its placement near the right hand margin of the form, creating an instability.  How do I lock it down in place so that it stays where I put it?

NOTE:  It's also worth mentioning that when I drag the control to the right in the form designer it immediately pops back to the wrong location, whereas if I select it, then move it with the arrow key, it stays where I put it (until it doesn't, as described above).

Thanks,

Bruce

dtc1.pngdtc2.png

4 replies

Badge +3

Bruce,

Put all these controls in a form Panel, it will keep them in place.

Tips for Newbies (like me) - Form Panels

Bill

Badge +8

Bill:

Thanks for the prompt reply.  Your advice is good for the situation you describe in your Tips for Newbies article, but not here.  The two date controls shown are already in a panel.  Nothing is being hidden.  The rightmost control moves (I think) because its "natural" right hand margin is too close to the forms right hand margin.  CSS styling helps with the display of the control but it doesn't change the underlying (invisible) size of the control. Anyway, that's my guess as to what is happening. -Bruce

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

1. I would definitely suggest to put every pair of label and text/date controls  into separate panel

2. do not overlap controls. since some control may resize at runtime, other controls need to be repositioned. overlapping leads exactly to problems you experience.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi ‌,

were you able to resolve this?

if so,  then if there is a post that helped you could you mark it as correct answer?

or otherwise, could you post your solution?

#BRGreview