Support Visio 2010

• 19 October 2010
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if support for Visio 2010 has been scheduled and if the SharePoint 2010 Visio Services will be available for a K2 process designed with Visio ?

Thanks,

KuLi

2 replies

Badge +10

Its my understanding that K2 will not be releasing a designer component to work with Visio 2010.  K2 is now recommending business analysts and non-developers use K2 Studio. 

Personally, I agree with this and I have been recommending customers use K2 Studio even if they had Visio 2007 as I found that in the end using the k2 Visio designer against existing Visio diagrams was typically more difficult to use than just creating the processes in K2 Studio.  The business owners I've worked with have no problems understanding the K2 Studio process flows when presented to them or even creating it with them while they're in the room. 

Regards,

Tim

Badge +1

Hi Tim, thanks for you answer.

I agree with the idea of recommending K2 Studio for non-developers. The approach is very easy and designing a process is understandable with it, even for a novice.

Unfortunately, what happens if the process has to be described using a standard notation and not the K2 one ?

It is happening to me. A customer want I use the strict BPMN Notation (www.bpmn.org) to design processes. It is mandatory because they have a quality certification internally...