Newbie: installation / configuration problem

• 2 April 2009
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I yesterday installed a trial of K2 BlackPoint on a MOSS server (single box; all components on 1 server). The installation went (fairly) fine: there were 2 warnings but the procedure finished without errors. In the log file are some errors and warnings but the context does not provide me with useful clues. After rebooting the server, a configuration page is shown and this is where my problems start: as specified in the instruction I try the menu option 'K2 Site Settings Link', I specify a site collection and click 'Ok'. The result is 'Access is denied (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)'.

If I go to 'Add Settings' page, I see the name of my server with port 5555 (Mgt Server) and 5252 (WF Server). I'm not sure where these port numbers come from (no port numbers were asked during the installation). There was no K2 related service.

Next step: I executed the K2 BlackPoint Setup Manager, part of it was familiar (from the previous installation procedure). I followed all the steps from this program (which included accepting the port numbers mentioned above). The actual configuration proceeded without any errors or warnings. Unfortunately, the results (after another reboot) were the same: Access is denied for all options in the 'K2 for SharePoint menu' (except the K2 Management console).

At this point, I'm lost. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Kees

3 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

Looks lile  you did not set the permissions for account that SharePoint application pool runs to Sharepoint templates folder (%Program Files%/Common Files/Microsoft Shared/web server extensions/...) and Windows temp folder also. Check the installation manual for exact list of settings you should complete to accomplish the installation

Badge +7
And also check if the account that SharePoint application pool runs is included to site collection administrators group in SharePoint
Badge +1

Hi webber77,

Thanks for the suggestion but the accounts I used were member of the local administrators group (which in turn was a member of the farm administrator's group). I would assume that would be sufficient.

In the end I added the service/admin accounts to the policy for web application after which I was able to proceed with the configuration and setup.

Regards,
Kees