Allow delegation in Nintex Forms only to the assinged user

• 13 February 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hallo,

i have the following problem. Right now it is possible for every user(even users that are not assinged to the task) to go into a pending task and delegate this task to whatever user he likes. How can i configure the form that only the assinged users can delegate the task?

My idea was to hide the delegation link with a rule when a user that is not assinged to the task opens the task.

And here is the problem: I get the current logged in user. this user is returned with domain and login name. Now i want to compare the logged in user with the user that is assinged to the task. The only propertie i can get for the assigned user is the "displayname of the approver". The "current user" and the "displayname of the approver" are returned in a diffrent format that can not be compared.

Does someone know how i can solve this issue?

Greeting!

2 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

You can try assigning user into a SharePoint Group as per the requirement.

Ex.

1.You can have a SPGroup called approvers who can approve or Delegate the task .

2. You can have a separate user group with only people who can view the task or can only delegate the task to someone else. Here they cannot act on the task (approve reject).

Once these groups are created , modify your permission levels as per your requirement.

Hope this will sort out your issue.

Regards,

Bashya Rajan A

Badge +1

Hi,

thanks for the answer, but that was not exactly what i was looking for.

But i found a solution:

1. First you need to put the "assigned to" field from the task list in the form. 
  2. Now when you access this field you get the user in the form of domain/login, just like the "current user" parameter. 
  3. Now you can compare the "assinged to" field with the "current user" parameter and if they dont match, hide the delegation link.
  4. Lastly you can hide the "assigned to" field, because you only need it to compare it to the "current user" parameter. BUT if you configure it to hide, you cant compare it anymore, because the field returns an empty value. I recommand putting a picture over the "assigned to" field with the background color as the image and put it into the foreground.

Hope i can help other with this as well.

greetings