Wait until Review Task is Completed in Secondary Workflow

Badge +1

I am using Nintex 2013 Workflow, Here is the structure :

Primary Workflow

#Secondary Workflow

Primary Workflow starts secondary workflow with using call web service.  and my Secondary workflow looks like this:

Secondary Workflow

Inside Primary workflow, it checks if user has approved or rejected the task, in case of request review  Outcome will always be Approved.

Problem is : After creating review task , the workflow ends and goes back to primary workflow. and Primary workflow thinks in case of review Task that outcome is no Approved since , Outcome is not Set and runs the logic of "Not Approved".

I want to wait after Request review task until the task is completed.

Here is my Request Review Task:

202809_pastedImage_2.png

Any help would be appreciated.

I checked this thread , but I don't want task ID but wait until task is completed. (Populate task id as soon as the task is created – Customer Feedback for Nintex )

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

any good reason you use web service call to start workflow?

there is start workflow action in which you can configure to wait until secondary workflow completes.

Badge +1

Thanks for your reply,  i needed to pass parameters to child workflow which I was not not getting in explicit start workflow action.

This is my start workflow snippet:

202882_pastedImage_2.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

to supply input parameter to workflow you have to mark workflow variables to 'Show on start form'

variabels0.png

see the docu - http://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2013/help/#Workflow/RootCategory/Designer/Nintex.Workflow.WorkflowVariables.htm%3FToc…