Sourcecode.Workflow.Management API

• 28 January 2008
  • 6 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

Hi All

I know the K2Mng has been replaced by the above dll, but I'm having a problem moving a workflow from 2003 to Blackpearl.

I have an escalation event that I want to expire on a certain condition, and I used to be able to call K2Mng.FinishServerEvent. Only problem is, I can't find it anymore... anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

6 replies

Badge +9

I would suggest using the event wizard to help configure the escalation - you can always modify the code of the escalation to prevent it from running after your 'expire' conditions are met.  I can give you some more details if you like, it just crossed my mind real quick as one way to attack your problem.

Badge +3

It's a good idea but wouldn't the process instance stay active until that escalation has expired? If the escalation deadline is 2 months away then I would want the process to show completed when appropriate.

Details are always good though :)

Badge +9

Ah, gotcha.  That option is available through the escalation wizard as well, just select the 'Expire Activity' option in the Action Template.  No code necessary.  Let me know if I am being too vague, I can get you some better steps if you need it.

Badge +3

I've seen that option but I guess I wasn't sure how that worked. So once the process is finish then this option will expire itself?

My other problem is that I have child processes started by an IPC call. I need to move these processes to a given activity to allow them to gracefully expire if the escalation is triggered.

Badge +9

All it means is that when your escalation rule becomes true, the event associated with that escalation ends (as opposed to redirecting to another user or sending an e-mail or whatever).  It does not have to wait for the entire process to complete. 

I would give each of these child activities the same escalation rule, so they all will expire at the same time.  Is it a very complex escalation rule?

Badge +3

The rule just sets the escalation date from the value of a datafield... then one of two things can happen.

Either the process can finish, in which case I want the escalation to expire at that point so I can finish the whole workflow.

Or the escalation date arrives in which case the escalation needs to expire some child processes and then move the main process to a new activity. The child processes are all meant to expire at the same time if the main process ecalation triggers.

Sounds so simple eh?