Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Is Workflow Designer Permissions Different from Sharepoint Site/List Permission

Jump to solution

Hi

I tried to change a condition in existing workflow and while saving it I got an error “Error You have not been allowed as a workflow designer on this teamsite. Contact your Administrator for access.

What would this mean?

Labels: (2)
8 Replies
mmatsako
Nintex Newbie

Re: Is Workflow Designer Permissions Different from Sharepoint Site/List Permission

Jump to solution

Sounds like permissions error, check under site settings > Nintex Workflow > Allowed workflow designers

Thanks

Not applicable

Re: Is Workflow Designer Permissions Different from Sharepoint Site/List Permission

Jump to solution

I have Contribute, Restricted Read and Owners permissions respectively with three groups that I belong to.

0 Kudos
hendypratomo
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Do you edit the worklfow in unique permission site / list?

0 Kudos
andrewg
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Besides the SharePoint group permissions, can you verify your permissions that Mike suggested? site settings > Nintex Workflow > Allowed workflow designers

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The permissions to Allowed workflow designers are inherited from the Parent Site in which I am already a owner.

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I believe you need Designer permissions in SharePoint in order to modify a workflow. If I were you, I'd grant myself permissions as a Designer to that site just to see what happens. Yes, I know you said you are owner at the parent level but this is just for troubleshooting.

0 Kudos
mmatsako
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Can you try to add yourself as a user under the Allowed workflow designers to see if that works?

0 Kudos
mmatsako
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution
Workflow DesignerDesignThis role includes all users who are responsible for creating and maintaining workflows. With these permissions the user can use the Nintex Workflow designer as well as the related tools and pages. In order to be able to publish a workflow, the user will need to be configured as a Workflow Designer.