How to get Managed Metadata field with lookup function in Nintex Forms?

Badge +3

I've tried to get the Multiple Managed Metadata field with lookup function in Nintex Forms. However, it returned

[[object Object]]

How can I parse this to get the real value?

Here is my query:

lookup("ListName", "ID", "NamedControl", "MultipleManagedMetadataField", true)

17 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi Huy Quang Dinh‌,

Remove the true parameter, and you'll get the terms inside [].

Badge +3

Hi Jean-Pierre Huls‌,

I also tried with that one, it returned me a "#Value!" then I tried with "Title" (as an output data) and it returned me a value.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi, have you tried to use a parseLookup function outside your lookup function? Something like parseLookup(lookup(...))

Badge +3

Hi Giacomo Gelosi‌,

Yup, I've already tried with that also. And it returned me nothing (blank).

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

I assume that "NamedControl" is actually without the double quotes. So using the actual value of a Named Control on the form? Also which version of Nintex Forms are you using?

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

OK, I get an array in my test form: [value 1,value2,value3]

Badge +3

Yes, it's a Named Control in meaning to get value, and it worked well with Title.

Badge +3

Is it a Multiple Managed Metadata field? If it's text field, I can get it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

In my test form it returns [NaN]

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Yes, it is. I've a simple lookup list with in the Title unique values for the dropdown and a multiple value managed metadata column. And I'm working in SP2013 with Nintex 2013 Forms version 2.11.2.2

It's a long shot, but check with your SharePoint admin if your site (collection) has a root site collection. Yesterday I received #Value! when checking for the content of a Person/Group control from custom JavaScript which turned out to be caused by the absence of a root site collection. As soon as it was added, the person's info was available again.

Badge +3

Could you please share me the screenshots? and the lookup formula, also?

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Ok, if it can wait until Monday evening at the latest.

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Ok, here're some screenshots:

Screenshot of my example with multiple managed metadata as a result of a lookup function

First 2 on the left show the lookup list where Org is the Managed Metadata with Allow multiple values enabled (see selected terms in 2nd screenshot). On the right you see my sample form where the highlighted Calculated Value has the lookup as setup in the 2nd screenshot on the right (Waarde is the name of the dropdown control:

lookup("Lookup", "Title", parseLookup(Waarde), "Org")

The final screenshot, left bottom, shows the lookup result for one of the lookup values:

[Human Resources,External Communications,IT Projects]

Hopefully this is what you asked for happy.png and that the pictures are readable.

Badge +3

Hi Jean-Pierre Huls‌,

Thanks for your help with great example and explanation. However, I've tried as your example and it still didn't work. I think it's due to the Nintex's version. My current version is 2.11.0.1.

As I've seen in the Nintex Forms 2013 - Release note: Nintex Forms 2013 - Release Notes, I saw an update with the lookup function and managed metadata field as:

• Fixed an issue where the Lookup control connected to another column containing semicolons may not save the data

Thus, I think that is a reason why I couldn't see the result. What do you think?

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi Huy Quang Dinh‌,

Indeed, it may very well be that you need to update your Nintex Forms to the latest version.

Badge +3

Great. I'm heading to upgrade the latest version of the Nintex Forms. BTW, I will mark your answer as the correct one as your example worked pretty well.

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

You're welcome. And thank you Huy Quang Dinh‌.