Avoid postback in Nintex Forms

Badge +1

SharePoint 2010, Nintex Forms 2010.

I am using in a Nintex Form a control which values depend onthe value selected in another (independent) control. I am using the Filtering settings (see screenshot below) of the (dependent) control in order to show only the items that match with the selection of a previous (independent) control. The problem I have with this is that when I select a value for the first independent control, there is a ~1 sec postback that renders the form (and all controls of it) again. Is there a way to avoid this postback using Out-of-the-box Nintex or SharePoint components?

LookupFilteringOption.png

4 replies

Badge +1

Thank you very much Emily, I just added my vote for this. Is this fixed for Nintex Forms 2013 or Nintex Forms for O365?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Just wanted to confirm that it is fixed by the newest release of on-prem version 2013. happy.png

PS: Works really great too.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Just to note: the postback issue was fixed at the same time they fixed filtering inside of repeating sections for version 2013.Ā  According to a response on User Voice, the 2010 fix for filtering in repeating sections should be out sometime in July.

-Mike

Badge +6

I don't think this postback issue was fixed. Unless what I am experiencing is something totally different but I have the same issue and what I have picked up is that in my UAT environment the PostBack is not happening but move the same list and same Nintex form to my production environment then I have the form refreshing issue. See my post here Form jumps when selecting an option