cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Installing Nintex Workflow on a multi-server farm

Installing Nintex Workflow on a multi-server farm is exactly the same as installing on a single server. When you install on any Web Front End, the solution will be deployed globally. When required, you will have to activate the Nintex Features for that team site/ site collection.

You will only need to run the MSI (Nintex Workflow 2010) or EXE (Nintex Workflow 2013) on the server hosting Central Administration. Then you'll need to deploy the solution packages via Central Administration for the servers you require. When you deploy the farm solution via Central Administration, SharePoint deploys the Nintex Workflow files and DLLs.

To get there via Central Administration, go to System Settings and then Manage Farm Solution

Cheers

Labels: (1)
4 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Installing Nintex Workflow on a multi-server farm

Hello.

I am some questions relative to this post.

I'm trying to update an old installation of Nintex Workflow 2010 & Nintex Forms 2010 on a multi server environment.

So, I uninstall the version of Nintex Workflow (because it was a requirement to setup the new version) and setup the last one. Then, I setup the last Nintex Forms as well, and everything went without problems.

=> The installation was made from a Front End and all the SharePoint farm infrastructure seems to have been found during the installation, since all server name were listed there.

=> Functionnaly speaking, everything seem to be alright, but I'm wondering if the way I update Nintex is the good one.

Indeed, my fears are that the central administration is installed on an application server, and not on a Front End, so I cannot respect the two conditions described by Emilie in this post, that when installing on a front end, the solution will be globally deployed and at the same time, installing it on the server hosting the Central Administration.

The only way to do that will be to update as well Forms&Workflow on the application server where we have the central administration hosted.

So my question is simple : Can you confirm that, in that type of architecture, I have to update Forms&Workflow from one Front End server and from the application server which hosted the central administration, or only from the server which hosted the central administration ?

0 Kudos
jithin
Nintex Newbie

We are planning to install Nintex Workflow and Forms 2016 on SharePoint 2016 farm with MinRole topology. Please let me know if there are any considerations before performing installation on MinRole topology.

simon
Nintex Newbie

I need to know this as a matter of urgency. Customer install next week

bfentress
Nintex Newbie

Hello,

Is there an article or write up for trying to script the installation for anyone like my company who are trying to automate the installation for dev or test environments?

Thanks,

BJ

0 Kudos