Email Confirmation Message

• 5 October 2015
  • 7 replies

Badge +4

Hello all,
I am trying to create a basic email confimation to be sent to the originator (which I assume is the user that presses submit). 

I have created a workflow in K2 Studio and deployed it within the evironment I have also created a start workflow rule within the save button on the data capture view.

I am unable to test properly due to my limited access in the test environment so I need to get it as close as possible so I can make the changes in a live environment for the emailing. 

Please see attached for the workflow as I feel it seems to be lacking.

Kind Regards

Martin

11178iA3E18B2135E39E8F.png

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

Can't you test your confirmation email process from the workspace?

Badge +4

How would you test from the workspace?

I am currently in the process of setting up a testing email account and mail server at this present moment.

Kind Regards,

Martin

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

you should have "Start" right to be able to start the process, check the following image on how to test the process from the workspace:

13181i6B8F861589F3A2AD.png

am not sure if you are facing any other issue, maybe I misunderstood you, Can you post more details in what area you need help.

Badge +4

Thank you for pointing out this feature (did not know you could check the status of a process on workspace) 

13591iBE186C10CD40F5D3.png

It is generating the following error:  "The parameter 'address' cannot be an empty string. Parameter name: address"

Which I do not understand as I placed the mail server in studio ppinted at the server name of our test mail server.

Kind Regards,

Martin

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

first you'll need to make sure that you are passing an email account in the TO and in the FROM fields.

one of them is empty, Can you please attach your email event configurations?

Badge +9

If it helps, I've come across this a lot because the AD account email field is blank.  If you don't have access to AD to confirm, contact somebody in your organization who does.

Badge +4

Managed to solve this.

Turns out in K2 Studio Email Event: I was placing in my From field Mail Server (with the field as the server name) which wasnt working, so I tried just typing the name of the server manually with still no luck.

I then put in the from field an email address I intend to use and it sent the email confirmation message to another address, I am now coming away understanding that the From field must have a valid email address instead or using a mail server name.

Thank you for replies

Martin