Customer Form - Add orders automatically

Badge +2

Say, I have a customer request form where customers will go and submit a repair order. Is it possible to add 6 rows of order to customer's form automatically.

CustomerRequestForm is a list

AutoOrders is a list with 6 orders (6 records of data or 6 rows of data)

Would it be possible to add 6 orders automatically when customer opens the CustomerRequestForm and save the data in a separate table (like customer and orders, 1 to many relationship). 

What are my options? How do I implement this properly? Basically, I dont want to have 40 extra columns in the CustomerRequestForm from the second table since each order has 7 columns of info in the autoOrders table.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hello Mohammad Mohammad‌ - 

Yes you can certainly do this. It requires a bit of wiring up, but you would want to create your form for the CustomerRequestForm list and within it that form, have a repeating section. The repeating section will hold all of the fields that you wish to push to another list. The form will hold it in XML. I commit the repeating section XML back to the list so that I can run a workflow against it.

On submit, kickoff a workflow to grab the XML that you stored and simply loop through it to create new items in your destination list (autoOrders). 

Hope this helps!

Badge +2

I finally found the exact solution I was looking for. It worked perfectly.

Thanks to Jason Blair