Cannot find workflow in repository

• 12 June 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +7

We recently upgraded from SP2010 to SP2013.

I need to edit an existing list workflow. I know it exists because it's been working, but when I try to edit it, I'm getting "Error Cannot find workflow in repository".

Specifically, if I go to Site Settings > Nintex Workflow > Workflow Inventory I see it listed but the "Last Run Time" is blank.

If I then click on the workflow name I get an error "Unable to preview workflow"

Screen shot of an error message "Unable to preview workflow"

If I then click on "Edit workflow" I get an error "Cannot find workflow in repository"

Screen shot showing error message "Cannot find workflow in repository"

I do know that the workflow exists and runs because if I view "workflows" for a list item I see the history and results:

Screen shot of a workflow page for a list item showing that the workflow ran and completed.

This is for a "Picture Library" app (list).

Both the list and workflow existed before the upgrade to SharePoint 2013.

Would appreciate any help in recovering the workflow so that I can edit it and/or use it as a guide for recreating it.

Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Jeff,

could you check which version of Workflow is installed? Also please navigate to Central Administration and check in Nintex Workflow Database Setup is at the newest version too.

This error is often caused by a mismatch of the installed version and the database schema.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +7

Looks like our Database Version is 3.1.0.0 and our workflow version is 3.1.7.10.

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

I also have the same issue, has anyone found the solution? I am using Nintex Workflow 3.2.5.0 and the database version is 3.1.7.2, even I tried running the NWAdmin.exe -o UpgradeDatabase cmdlet, but still no luck.

Badge +7

Hello there!

Any fix found for this? I too have a similar problem in my environment where same error messages are showing up when workflow was created by a particular user (as of now at least). We tried editing workflows created by other users where she is not having any trouble. But when she creates a workflow - to publish & save receiving an error: soap: Server was not unable to process the request, object reference not set to an instance of object.

Thanks,

Soni

Badge +7

I eventually gave up, deleted the workflow and built it all back from scratch. 

Badge +7

Hello Jeff,

It seems my issue is something different. Only one user is getting this error while publishing/ saving workflows. We tried asking her to create workflows on different sites/ lists. But the same error everywhere.