how to set dropdown value based on other dropdown value

• 21 March 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I have 2 dropdowns, i need to set the 2nd dropdown list value based on the 1st dropdown. and 2nd dropdown is connected to a list column. How can i set the value of 2nd dropdown correctly so that it stores its value in the list column.

3 replies

Badge +9

Is this what you need?

Cascading drop downs and Nintex Forms for SharePoint

Badge +4

Thanks Christophe. I saw this post earlier. My issue is little bit different.

1) I have a master list called "ABC" connected to a lookup column called "DEF"

2) I have a child list called "aaa" which uses columns in "ABC" as lookup

On my Nintex form i have a dropdown called "Info:" which uses "aaa" child list to display options in the dropdown list.

but while saving i want to save the data in "DEF" column. so i use a hidden lookup called "tempABC" where in using javascript i get the selected value from "aaa" and set that id to point to the item in "tempABC" dropdown. "tempABC" is connected to "DEF".. i enabled this hidden dropdown to see the value is getting set properly or not. its getting set properly but it does not save.

This all used to work great in the earlier version of nintex forms, we recently migrated to  Nintex Forms 2013 ( 2.8.1.0 )  and thats where it broke. It looks like Nintex has changed the behaviour of dropdowns.

Strangely though, our dev has the same version and prod and everything works fine in dev.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

if you upgraded to 2.8+ recently I think you just came across design change in lookup functionality.

have a look on this thread, it might help Set default value to lookup field stopped working after Nintex Forms 2013 latest update