PowerShell K2

• 17 March 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has experience using PowerShell as part of the K2 process.  PowerShell wizard?

I have a couple of questions:

1.  We are running K2 version 4.6.11/SharePoint 2013 and want to make sure that is even possible?

2.  I saw some resources out there that shows this can be done, but I am not seeing the wizard show up in K2 Studios.

Here is the resource:

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/PowerShell-Wizard/ba-p/981

3.  Even though Windows OS comes with PowerShell, am I still installing the above (according to those instructions) on the K2 server?

4.  For the client side the instructions state to:

"Copy the CodeExtender folder (from the design project) to C:Program FilesK2 blackpearlBinDesignTemplatesCSharp; this will add some files to the folder               structure.  Start K2 studio and use the wizard."  

It seems what this should be is copy the folder that is in "CodeExtender/1033" and then copy that folder to "CodeExtender/1033" on the client side that is running K2 studios.   Is that correct?

Basically if you can help out with the answers on the above and if you can give anymore input in general on how I go about to get the K2 PowerShell Wizard to show up and work would be great.

Thanks,

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

No you won't have to reinstall PowerShell if it is already installed on the system. You might consider skipping the wizard and go more for the PowerShell broker as that will be easier to install and maintain. Just be wanred that in either case the call is one way. I was attempting to write a dynamic Powershell script broker when I found out there really isn't any structure to the returns of a Powershell call that can be discovered without executing the script. 

Also, going the broker route opens up the ability to use SmartWizards which as based on smartobjects, but going the broker route with a smart object you could use something as simple as the out of the box SmartObject Event to execute a script.