How can decrease Form load time?

Badge +3

Hi

I have a from with a lot of field and it designs whit nintex forms. This form needs hide and unhide with many rules, I set each group of field that needs in one group and hide or unhide with each other in one panel after that design I have a lot of panel then my form load became very low.

What can I do for decreasing form load time?

Thanks

15 replies

Badge +5

do you make any connection with external lists or call any web services?

Badge +3

No don't have connection to external list and now I don't use web service on this form. this form just have many fields.

Badge +5

how many fields? because i have a form in my SharePoint that contains 39 fields. and it runs smoothly.

but for people who have poor internet connection to the servers, it sometimes take few seconds to load.

Badge +3

My fields more than 120 and I think one of my problem because of 20 panel that must hide or unhide.

Badge +5

i dont know, sorry.

a small tip that might be helpful, design wise.

if you have too many fields, try designing ur form as tabs.

Badge +3

I insert tab to my form Do you with tab I change visible and unvisible panel better than hide and unhide? now when my tab changed all field refer to it change to unhide and other field change to hide.

Badge +5

-Add choice control

-render it as buttons.

-give it an ID, for example "TabPanel"

then

-put your fields in panels.

-add a rule to this panel for example (TabPanel!=" first choice ")

-tick "hide"

is that what you did?

Badge +3

Yes I do as the same this.

Badge +5

if panels are showing and hiding incorrectly when you added the *choice control*.

please recheck your rules regarding showing and hiding the panels.

Badge +3

my field showing correctly but when my form wants to load showed the loading bar.

Badge +17

Thanks for posting your question.  I will be addressing during the Nintex Hangout on 11/11.  Looking forward to a great discussion :-)

Badge +3

Hi Eric

I don't understand what is Nintex Hangout? would you please explain more about it.

Thank you

Naeemeh

Badge +9

Not sure what was discussed in the hangout, though I guess it should be posted here at some point.

If you are on-prem make sure you are running the latest version, as there are always performance improvements in releases.

Make sure you are running the latest browser versions.

Big forms (lots of fields) will just take longer to load, there really is no way around it. Office 365 is nice was is displays a "loading" screen where as on-prem is just a blank screen until the form renders which can be confusing for users.

Badge +9

Thanks Frank, what I meant was that if a question is answered in one of the hangouts (which are a good initiative), the response given should be summarized in text in the thread. Referring people to a 1 hour + video trying to find where it was talked about isn't the best advice, and it doesn't help search results either.

Badge +17

Warwick,

I will address this one again and provide the snippets to it for you.  Technical issues are not fun to deal with, but we are working to get those resolved by the next one.  Thanks for being part of this growing community.