Change workflow tasks to complete

• 22 January 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I have two workflows on on a list. One workflow is for standard approval(with parallel approval actions) process of the item and the other workflow is for emergency approval. Is it possible to delete or complete the workflow tasks created by one workflow when the item is approved through the second workflow.

I cannot use escalation so that the workflow task completes/delegates after a fixed time frame.

Thanks.

2 replies

Badge +5

Hello, how are you going to trigger each workflow? Are you going to run the workflow manually by selecting the workflow. If you are not going to run the workflow manually, can't you create in one workflow with branch based on your standard or emergency approval requirement? (or) Your standard approval is default workflow?  It depends on your logic which workflow run when and which condition. Another way, you can create the emergency approval as main workflow. Run main workflow and call to child workflow (standard approval) if it is not emergency case otherwise skip the child workflow. I haven't seen the way about trying to terminate the workflow from another workflow instance yet. Please let me know if you have any questions or if anyone done that way. happy.png

Badge +1

Hello,

I want the emergency approval be used only when the item cannot be approved through standard approval because someone is not available and there is a deadline to meet. Also, I want the emergency task notification email to be different so that users dont accidentally approve it. Both workflows start when an item is created and the task notification for emergency approval will be used if the item cannot be approved by standard approval workflow. I also think of creating parallel approval branches for standard and emergency approval and terminating the workflow at end of each branch instead of two different workflows. 

I don't want the task notifications from one workflow hanging out there if the item was approved using the other workflow or if I use parallel approval branches I do not want task notifications from other branch in pending state if the workflow has ended. I cannot use escalation and auto complete task because of uncertainty in time frame.