cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

In Forms How can I show fields based on a dropdown list selection?

Jump to solution

I am trying to show a panel only when the result of a dropdown is "On Deck" for all other selections in the dropdown this panel should hide.  All formulas I have tried either hide the control completely or show it but none seem to work the way I would like.

Labels: (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: In Forms How can I show fields based on a dropdown list selection?

Jump to solution

Have the Panel selected, then click on Rules, Add Rule for Formatting type. in the condition have the named control of your dropdown as

mydropdown!="On Deck"

!=  for not equals

and have the Hide option checked. This way, when the dropdown is not set to On Deck the panel is hidden. When it is On Deck, it shows.

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I had a very similar situation: a panel that was to show for a support issue log list item only when the issue was moved to a closed status as indicated by a value in a choice field (aka drop-down). I applied your post and it worked as expected. Thanks. I'd mark this as answered if I could.

Drew Abas
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I'm not able to get this to work, I have it setup exactly the way you suggested. I have a drop down to choose a product category which then refreshes the forms so the other drop downs are filtered by that category but I need the control that needs to be disabled when Category!="SEED.03". However the field is always disabled.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Make sure that is the value being used in the drop down. I test that sometime by adding a calculated field with its value set to the Named control

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Interesting, when I select SEED.03 from the drop down the calculated field changes, but when the form refreshes (to filter out the other drop downs) it goes back to the default category. Any idea why this does this?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

make sure the calculated field is set to recalculate as appropriate. Check the control settings to verify.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi, I've been using this and it works perfectly but I now need it to hide a field if none of a selection of choices are picked. Is this possible?

To add context, I want to be able to select from a choice of instruments and then based on that choice I can choose the method. For example if I choose either instrument 1 or 2 a field pops up with a choice of methods and then if I choose instrument 3 or 4 I can choose from another field with different choices of methods

0 Kudos