Multi Line control inside a repeating section, control height when disabled

Badge +4

Hi All

We have a form which contains a Repeating Section and within this is a multi line control. The idea is to submit the form and then disable the controls when the document status changes.

We apply rules to disable the controls on Document Status change.

However the question is, for multi line control, when the data overflows, it shows the scroll bar on the side, which is fine, when in Edit mode. However, when disabled, the user cannot scroll either. What are the other options that we can have to have the control disabled but the control to show as expanded/resized when disabled. Any clues. I have tried many CSS styles which are on the connect forum but could not achieve what we need. I have set the Resize at runtime to Yes as well.

Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

multi line with and without rules

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi,

I can confirm that the scrollbars seem to be deactivated but in my Browser (IE11 with Nintex Forms 2013) I can still scroll by using them. Which version are you using?

However would it be an option so change the rules that currently deactivate the text box? You could hide the text box instead and show a label instead that holds the same value. That label can expand to show the whole text. Mulit linke text boxes can't expand in IE.

However they can be expanded in Firefox or Chrome.

203013_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +4

Thanks Enrico for the reply.

We can easily scroll down in New/Edit mode, that is Ok with us and the browser does show the scroll bar without any issue. In New/Edit Mode, all works fine. Our dilemma is when we need to disable the control when the document changes from 'Draft' stage so that the next user does not change anything entered in these controls.
This is where we need to find a way to display the whole text as the control is disabled by the Rule and having scrollbars are of no use as the control is disabled.

Since this is inside a repeating section, it's not bound to any columns in the list so don't think we can show the text in a label and show the label when the Document Status changes.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hmm, I'm not sure if I really understood your scenario. I added a rule to a demo text field that disables my text field but still the scroll bars work as expected and scroll though the text not visible before even though the scroll bars are shown as disabled.

So basically it should work as described above and your users should be able to scroll through the text even if the control is disabled.

I haven't tested it but maybe the control works as expected if you use the enabled setting of the text box control instead of using a rule for deactivation

203014_pastedImage_2.png

Badge +4

Thank you Enrico. I reset the form CSS Style and looks like it was due to a CSS style that was causing it to fail. The control is now working. i.e the scrollbar is now active even when disabled.

All good now. Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Perfect. I'm glad you got the issue solved.

To help others it would be helpful to mark this thread as answered.

Kind regards

Enrico

Badge +3

It would be helpful if you could talk about the CSS style that was causing the issue. Thanks