Work flow with Assigned task

• 10 January 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hello all, 

I'm pretty new to nintex and share point I need a help to create a workflow with the below requirement. 

1. Assign a task to person. To complete a list status and provide the latest update to the requester. But the challenge I face if this person edited the status away from the task url and if he change the due date. 

A- for changing the status I need to complete the task to allow work flow to continue

B- if the assigned to person changed the due date or the status to "deferred" I need to take approval before the changes get effected.

C- I can't use a web services or XML query as it is demised by my organisation.

5 replies

Badge +16

Why don't you customize the task form?  Add fields on for date and status.  then once completed, check if the values have changed and take appropriate action?

Badge +8

You shouldn't need web services or XML query for this to work. As Cassy Freeman‌ mentioned just use conditional logic to accomplish. I must as though, why does your organization not like web services or XML queries? assign a task

Badge +1

Thank you Casey, I have changed the workflow logic to check the due date and status change . And if item is changed I query the workflow all assigned task list and complete the task of this person. But I used the same workflow to run on item created and item modified. But the work flow only triggered when new item is created. Is this the normal ? What I want to run the same work flow when item is created and when the item is modified. Even if the workflow was already in progress due to the assigned task is not completed I need to start another instance of it

Badge +16

I don't think you can start a new version of the workflow if it is already running.

Badge +1

Thanks I really appreciate it. I will try different approach.