cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

If we use Nintex Forms error happens when we try to customize the Edit or the Display form pages to add other Web Parts

Forms.JPG

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Is we use Nintex Forms error happens when we try to customize the Edit or the Display form pages to add other Web Parts

When you look in the ULS logs for that correlation ID, what is the error message?

This could be caused by a feature that is not activated. Review the features for forms on the Farm, web application, site collection. In the farm, make sure the solution still says deployed and not error. When viewing the web applications in Central Admin, and the web application selected, click on Features in the ribbon, make sure Forms is activated. In the Site Collection Features, make sure the Forms features are activated there too.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Is we use Nintex Forms error happens when we try to customize the Edit or the Display form pages to add other Web Parts

I may have misread this, and also I can't read the language, sorry. You say you are trying to add Web Parts to the Nintex Form? What are you trying to add, which web parts?

In General, you cannot add SharePoint WebParts to a SharePoint or Nintex Display form of a list. You can add controls and javascript, but not web parts found in the web part gallery.

Just wanted to point out the difference of the display form of a list item, and the View of a list. Could you be referring to a view?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Andrew, thank You for your response.

When using the sharepoint out-of-the-box form we have the possibility to

edit the three form pages (New, Edit and Display) to add web parts to do

whatever you want. For example to add a web part with a list view.

When using Nintex Forms I can only edit the page for New.

Tks,

Sérgio

R. 9214

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hello Andrew. Thank You.

I am not a SharePoint Admin. I will talk to our Admin people in the US

about your suggestions.

Regards,

Sérgio

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Sergio,

When editing the Nintex Form, you are editing it for all modes. You can manage what controls show depending on the mode using runtime functions or Rules.

It is true you can manage the content type links for each form mode using SharePoint Designer. You can still do this with Nintex Forms applied, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Maybe you can describe more of what you need to do on the form as there are several options available. For instance, adding a list view to a form is simple using the list view control in the Nintex Forms designer. These list views can also be filtered.

Not applicable

Re: If we use Nintex Forms error happens when we try to customize the Edit or the Display form pages to add other Web Parts

Hello Andrew. Your Tips are beeing very helpful. Thank You.

Suppose I just want to translate the label of the Close Button to

Portuguese.

Best Regards,

Sérgio

R. 9214

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: If we use Nintex Forms error happens when we try to customize the Edit or the Display form pages to add other Web Parts

If it is a custom button added to the form, you could simply change the buttons caption in the control settings.

If you have a language pack installed or if another language is your default language on the server, some data could automatically be translated.

0 Kudos