How to get Instance Data of each node?

• 9 March 2011
  • 1 reply

Badge +5

Hi,

I am having trouble getting the instance data for a each node in a repeating table.

I have used this article to create IPC events based on the number of nodes in a repeating table http://www.k2underground.com/blogs/fromthebench/archive/2008/10/22/using-a-repeating-xml-node-to-start-child-ipcs.aspx

However the Activity Destination Instance Data that I am passing into the IPC event is the same for each IPC Call. So say I have 2 rows in my repeating table, an IPC event is created twice but the Instance Data passed into the IPC is of the last row in the table for both events.

How do I get the current Instance Data for the node to be passed through to the IPC?

My aim here is to do a check on a field in the repeating table. I want to know if any of the rows contains "Yes" for that field. So maybe I am going about this the wrong way(making it too complicated using IPC)? If anybody has suggestions that would be great?

Cheers,

Ciara

1 reply

Badge +5

My problem was that I was storing the Instance Data in a data field before I assigned it to the IPC. Not sure why I did that but once I assigned ActivityInstanceData to a field in the child process in the IPC wizard it all worked fine.

Cheers,

Ciara