cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I want to display the ID of new list items in the input form, is that possible?

Jump to solution

I want to display the ID of new list items in the input form, is that possible?

Labels: (3)
12 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: I want to display the ID of new list items in the input form, is that possible?

Jump to solution

Hi Magali,

Add a Calculated value control. Click Setiings.

In Formula, select Item Properties and then ID.

The item ID will be displayed after first save.

Regards,

Christophe

Workflow Hero

Re: I want to display the ID of new list items in the input form, is that possible?

Jump to solution

Hi Magali,

No - In other words, the ID isn't known until the Item is created.   Therefore on the "New Item Form" you can't display the item ID beforehand (if you were to try and show the "ID" property of the item it would just appear as blank).  But like Christophe Reucq mentioned you can display the item ID after the first save (which creates the item). 

Thanks

-Mike

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Christophe and Mike, I added the Calculated value control with the Item Properties ID, but it still displays blank even after the save when i select the item to view it.  What am I missing?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Magali,

Can you share a screenshot of your Calculated value control setting, please?

Christophe

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Same as me ... but I am using Nintex online

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Set

Recalculate formula on view mode to YES

To fix this issue.

Thanks!

Mike

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

(May want to set recalculate on Edit to Yes also)

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Mike, that did it!  Thank so much!

0 Kudos