Creating Multiple task using a single task event

• 14 November 2012
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi All,

Currently i am developing a workflow where i need to send different Task notification content based on the persons/DLs to which the mail has to be sent.

I have a sharepoint Document library with a multi checkbox metadata. Accoring to the values selected agains each document i will get the different mailIDs that corresponds to each checkbox.  I have a total of 18 checkboxes, so if i need to send task notification to each of them with different content then i need to do 18 branches that corresponds to each of the check box. Is there a way where i can loop though the values selected and send task notification using the same task event?

Another scenario with same background

I have a list where there are 18 mail IDs currently. This may increase int he future. I want to send a task notification to all these entries in the list using a single Task event. Is it possible.

Multi slot will not work for me because, i have to send different task notification content to each of those entires.

Can i put a foreach loop in a server code event before the task notification event to pass email IDs and content one by one and at the end of the task notification add another line rule to check whether the mail Ids are finished if not loop back to the server code event?

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I am doing the sort of thing you are asking about here ... I am using destination rule(no destinations) and then starting IPC for each new workflow.

See this post here for a clearer explanation - http://www.k2underground.com/blogs/blackbelt/archive/2011/09/02/scheduling-a-workflow-on-several-list-items.aspx

However, i am experiencing some issues, it may be worth keeping an eye on my post here

http://www.k2underground.com/forums/t/14995.aspx

regards

Bill

Badge +1

If possible you can create a smart object . Implement the logic of getting notification content in custom smart service. Implement the SmartService which with the function name GetNotificationContent with EmailId as parameter.

For this method you have to use multi-slot.