cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I need to find a resolution for the gaps between my hidden panels and my panels selected to show.

Huge gaps in my Nintex form where I have hidden panels. Form looks terrible like this. Can anyone help.

Labels: (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Workflow Hero

Re: I need to find a resolution for the gaps between my hidden panels and my panels selected to show.

Hi Vidia Poleon​,

Take a look at the answer by Steven N in the topic Collapsing form height when controls are hidden . It gives some nice hints as to why your panels may not be working correctly. I've encountered this problem many times and it's usually that panels are overlapping, controls aren't actually in the panel, and/or the rules are executing in the wrong order.

Good luck. Let us know if you're still facing challenges after.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Re: I need to find a resolution for the gaps between my hidden panels and my panels selected to show.

Hey Vidia - Mike M​ suggestion may work for you Re: How to hide the white spaces from hidden fields on a form? 

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Nintex Community,

I have spent weeks on this issue.  I have a long form that has a lot of show/hides.  I started with panels but had gaps, so I went away from panels and had overlapping of controls.  Then I was told to go back to panels.  I am show/hiding by panels and I have gaps now.  I am not sure how to get rid of these gaps.  One plus is the right items are being hidden.  I took training with TekDog University and I did not learn how to get around this issue.  As yet, Internet searches have not yielded much assistance.

Vidia Poleon

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Panels are definitely the way to go if you have distinct form sections you need to show/hide. It's going to be really difficult to help you troubleshoot the issue beyond mentioning the common pitfalls while working with hidden form sections. There are just so many possible causes because designs can vary so much!

Understand that when a panel attempts to collapse, the space occupied by the panel is being hidden from view. If the panel doesn't occupy the entire space or there are other controls on top/below/partially overlapping the panel space, it will not collapse properly because even though the panel is being hidden, there are still other portions of the form occupying this space.

It could also be a result of the order your rules are defined in - this can cause tons of problems!!

It could also be that you have multiple controls referencing the same show/hide rule - this is not recommended and will almost always cause unexpected behavior. Use 1 show-hide rule per panel, even if you end up with rules that are exactly the same.

2 recommendations on how to proceed:

• Before going any further, try a simple form with a few show-hide sections. This should get you more comfortable with the process.
  • Duplicate your form width. Start recreating the panel sections on the blank half and drag-and-drop the form controls into the new sections. This will allow you to preserve most of the work you've already done, and ensure that there are no outlying form controls or unnoticed components causing problems. You may also want to consider restarting on your form rules.

It CAN be done! Take your time and be conscious of all the tedious little details.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thank Josh.

I will try again.  I am looking at a multiple step tutorial to see if that might work for me.

Vidia Poleon

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Guys,

I went back and worked with the Panels and they are beginning to show promise.  Panels are definitely the way to go and watch Panels in Panel (or out of Panel) order for gaps. See pic.

If at first you don’t succeed. Try. Try. Send messages to Nintex, and Try, Try again.  Thanks for the help and reassurance.

Vidia Poleon

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply