cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I need to create multiple level approval process in sharepoint, where approver needs to add information and modify the information entered by user and other approver...how can it be done

Jump to solution

User --> Approver 1 --> Approver 2 ---> Approver 3

User - Fill the form and submit it

Approver 1 - Add more information on it, modify the information entered by user and approves it

Approver 2 - Add more information on it, modify the information entered by user and approver 1 and approves it

Approver 3 - Add more information on it, modify the information entered by user, approver 1 and approver 2 and approves and finishes it 

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: I need to create multiple level approval process in sharepoint, where approver needs to add information and modify the information entered by user and other approver...how can it be done

Jump to solution

your best option would be to design workflow based on state machine action.

the state machine will have (at least) 3 branches/states - one for each approver.

one another state like new/init is highly recommended and it might help you to restart workflow from the most recent state in case of problems.

you can read more on design principles eg. in following threads

Document Review and Approval (State Machine) Workflow 

State Machine by Example 

if you search through the forum you will definitely find plenty of good posts on the topic.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: I need to create multiple level approval process in sharepoint, where approver needs to add information and modify the information entered by user and other approver...how can it be done

Jump to solution

‌, I think Marian is correct. If you agree, would you mind selecting the "correct answer" button on his reply? It's helpful to other community members to search for answers to similar questions. Thank you!

Frank

Your community manager

0 Kudos
salahsaleh
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Jitendar,

Can you please let us know how you achieve it.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Hi

this can be done by assigning flexi task and then editing the task form.  on the task form you can add list columns that the submitter may have already completed, that the approver can change at the same time as "approving" or "rejecting".  this is something I have done lots of and is the beauty of using both Nintex workflow and Nintex forms together.

salahsaleh
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thank you ‌, I will try and get back to you.