cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

I need to create a workflow that creates an AD account which can also Create the new user account “Like” another account (using another employee as a model for assignments) Assign the user account as a member of Security Groups Creating an Exchange mailb

I need to create a workflow  that creates an AD account which can also Create the new user account “Like” another account (using another employee as a model for assignments) Assign the user account as a member of Security Groups Creating an Exchange mailbox to provision e-mail for the new employee

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: I need to create a workflow that creates an AD account which can also Create the new user account “Like” another account (using another employee as a model for assignments) Assign the user account as a member of Security Groups Creating an Exchange m

Do you have the Enterprise version of Nintex Workflow?  That will be the first requirement.

If you do:

1. Use the Query user profile action to get the template user account and store all relevant information in workflow variables.
  2. Then create a new account using that information using the Create AD user action.
  3. Use the Add user to AD group workflow action to assign it to the security group
  4. Finally use the Provision user in Exchange workflow action to create the mailbox.

You will need to attempt the above and then ask questions whenever you get stuck.  You won't have much luck getting someone to create the workflow for you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: I need to create a workflow that creates an AD account which can also Create the new user account “Like” another account (using another employee as a model for assignments) Assign the user account as a member of Security Groups Creating an Exchange m

Hi Patrick

Thanks for your response, we are running Enterprise version of Nintex. Will give it a go !!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Let us know how it works out, Bob Mabena​!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I have an operational workflow which creates the AD User I am not sure how to copy the template AD account any pointers?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I manage the community, but I'm not technical. If Patrick Davis​'s advice worked, let us know. Otherwise, I would use the search function on this page to keep poking around. Chances are someone else has had this issue, too. After I run through the new topics in the community today, I'll try to search, too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

1. Create variables for each of the AD fields you need to populate.
  2. Query a template AD profile and populate those variables with that data.
  3. Then create a new AD user using all of the variables that you set values for in the first step
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Thanks Patrick and Frank  for all you support

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: I need to create a workflow  that creates an AD account which can also Create the new user account “Like” another account (using another employee as a model for assignments) Assign the user account as a member of Security Groups Creating an Exchange m

Thanks for taking part in the community!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi, Can any one of you please help me on this issue? I am trying to create AD Account in Workflow, but I am getting below error,

Access is denied.

0 Kudos