cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I need to create a team project tracker that allows a manager to assign a task/line item to an analyst using Nintex Workflow 2010

Please help.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: I need to create a team project tracker that allows a manager to assign a task/line item to an analyst using Nintex Workflow 2010

Hi,

could you describe better your requirements?

Giacomo

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Re: I need to create a team project tracker that allows a manager to assign a task/line item to an analyst using Nintex Workflow 2010

Giacomo,

I created an InfoPath 2010 form on a SharePoint 2010 list site for users to submit for project work. The first step on my workflow is for the form, after it is submitted, to be emailed to the Manager for assignment. He then will assign the work to one of 6 analysts, each time will be different analyst depending upon the request. How do I create the next step in the workflow to show how the work is assigned to one of them and not the entire group?

Thanks,

Greg

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi,

how have you implemented the part "the Manager will assign the work to one of the analysts"? Is it a Request Data action or which kind of User interaction action?

You could save the analyst selected by the manager and then assign a new task to that analyst.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Good Morning!

Here is what I have so far, not very much. I want the manager to be able to choose from 6 analysts to assign a task to be completed. After the task is completed, to have the analyst email the requester and the manager that the task has been completed. Then end the workflow.

Thanks,

Greg

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi,

In this case I'll use some different actions..

First I'd add to the list/library columns a new User or group column, limited for selection to a SharePoint group where you can add the six analysts. That column won't show in the Infopath form (or at least, it won't be displayed until it's not empty)

In the workflow I'd use a first Assign Flexi Task action, assigned to the manager, where you can customize the task form (using Infopath or Nintex Forms) to show in addition the user column and make the manager select the analyst and complete the task (you can leave only one possible outcome).

When the task is completed, the workflow will proceed with the following action(s), where you can have the "Assign a task" or a different user interaction assigned to the user that is saved in the column.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Can you please supply pictures to do the first step. I am new at this and new all the help I can get. Do you mean add to the form or to the site itself?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Is there a chance you can send me screen shots today?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Greg Hamm‌,

sorry if I haven't replied to you anymore but I went on leave and when I got back to work I've completely forgotten this thread.. have you been able to complete your request or do you need additional help?

Giacomo

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply