Incoming Email - Discussion board

Badge +3

Hi All,

I have a scenario where i need K2 to start the process when an item is created in a discussion board .. i have confugured the incoming email settings option . and the process starts in K2 when an email is sent to the discission board list .. but my problem is that i cant read the data that sent in the emai and inserted as an item in the discussion board .. is there a way to read the values of the newly added item and use the same in the K2 process ..

Thank you ..

4 replies

Badge +6

do you have the item ID? you can try getting the data within the workflow. If you have done "Sharepoint workflow integration" check the SharePoint_Item and WFIProcessField XML data field in the K2 object browser.

Badge +3

Thanks Sujeeth but i dont have the item ID .. is there a way to get data from a list based on  a column in the list but not the ID ..

i.e ,, retrieve information from list where title = 'xyz'

Regards,

Badge +6

yes it is possible. Create a Smartobject for your list from Site Actions-->K2 Site Settings-->K2 SmartObject Site Lists and Libraries

Then you can use "Get List" method of that smartobject to read all the content of that list. You can add filters to get the right data

Badge +3

Thanks Sujeeth so much for your help .. i am able to get the list items now :)