cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I have used Assign-to-do-task which assigns task to 1000 users. the workflow did its job. assigned task to all the users, sent mail. then after 15-20 mins it retried and sent mail to all the users again. also created 1000 more tasks. now the workflow is i

Jump to solution

I have used Nintex Assign-to-do-task which assigns task to 1000 users.

The workflow did its job. assigned task to all the users, sent mail to 1000 users.

But then after 15-20 mins it retried and sent mail to all the users again. also created 1000 more tasks.

Now the workflow is in Failed to start(Retrying) status for past 3 days.

How can i stop this workflow? I don't want the users to get any further mails. If I terminate this workflow, the users will get a mail saying "Response not required".

Please help..

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: I have used Assign-to-do-task which assigns task to 1000 users. the workflow did its job. assigned task to all the users, sent mail. then after 15-20 mins it retried and sent mail to all the users again. also created 1000 more tasks. now the workflow

Jump to solution

Can you post your workflow and task?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: I have used Assign-to-do-task which assigns task to 1000 users. the workflow did its job. assigned task to all the users, sent mail. then after 15-20 mins it retried and sent mail to all the users again. also created 1000 more tasks. now the workflow

Jump to solution

Hi,

My workflow is a very simple one . just one action is used which is "Assign to do task". Currently I want to end this workflow without sending any mails to users. if I use the options "End this workflow"  and "Terminate this workflow" the users are getting mails "Response not required".

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi,

Your workflow is doing what you have told it to do, in that you have assigned a task to all your users and it will be waiting for them to action those tasks. When you end the workflow, the workflow notifies the users that have tasks assigned, that they no longer are required to action the task - there is no longer going to be a workflow to control the process as you have ended it.

It is possibly showing as failed to restart do to an instance already running on the item. Do you have conditional starts for new or modified items? Do you have reminders set?

Look at your workflow history to try to determine why the workflow is restarting - is it a new instance or is the existing instance looping?

you can set the "Not required notification" to "None". By default it will be set to All Assignees. This would stop that email when you end the workflow.

It all depends on the purpose of the assigned tasks and what you want the users to do. As Burkslm suggests, we could get a better understanding if you could post your workflow.

Cheers,

Mark

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Assigned To do Task.png

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Mark & Burkslm,

Thanks for your replies. I have posted my workflow here. It has just one action which is the assigned to do task. This workflow assigns tasks to 1000 users and sends mail to them.  have set the reminder to be after a gap of 2 weeks. Currently our aim is to stop this workflow without triggering the "No Response Required" mail to the users.

This is a scheduled site workflow. it is currently in "Failed on start(Retrying) mode.

If we terminate this workflow now, all the tasks will be deleted automatically. Is der any way to kill the process from back end?

0 Kudos