K2 Designer for SharePoint won't load

• 2 March 2013
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I'm trying to use K2 Designer for SharePoint (2010), but it won't load. I've tried this using WinXP/IE8/Silverlight 5.1 and Win7/IE9/Silverlight 5.1 and Silverlight 4.1, but get the same error. A screenshot is attached.

Is anyone else seeing this error? If so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks,

Steve Eagleson

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Steve,

What error are you getting? I don't see an attachment.

Please let me know, and I will let you know if Support has seen it before.

Thanks, and regards,
Gail

Badge +2

Hi Gail,

Sorry it took me so long to respond.

Here's the error that I am getting:

Unable to load plug-in:
[Async_ExceptionOccurred]
Arguments:
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.0.20125.00&File=System.dll&Key=Async_ExceptionOccurred
[HttpWebRequest_WebException_RemoteServer]

I am getting this error when I try to load the K2 Designer for SharePoint in a list or library. The error appears to be related to Silverlight. When I follow the link, Microsoft seems to want me to load Silverlight 3. We are running Silverlight 5.x

I have Full Control over the relevant site, lists, and libraries.

Thanks for your help,

Steve Eagleson

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Steve,

I'm really sorry that I missed your response on this thread.

I see we got a support ticket today for exactly the same behavior, so I did a little more digging. I've found several cases where the behavior is the result of an HTTP 404 error trying to get to a specific MIME '.bin' file.

In at least one case, running Fiddler while trying to launch the Designer resulted in HTTP 404 errors on the following files:

/Designer/Workflow/ClientBin/SourceCode.WebDesigner.DesignerPlugin.General.4.16265.16356.3.bin
   /Designer/Workflow/ClientBin/SourceCode.WebDesigner.DesignerPlugin.SharePoint15.4.16265.16356.3.bin
   /Designer/Workflow/ClientBin/SourceCode.WebDesigner.DesignerPlugin.Forms.4.16265.16356.3.bin

Adding those missing files resolved the issue.

I think the exact file name will vary depending on SharePoint and K2 versions, but this should allow you to find out which files are missing.

HTH,

Gail