Unable to connect to Server on port 5252

• 21 May 2008
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I have installed K2 Blackpearl 0803 (4.8075.1.0) with the following environment:

- Windows 2003 R2 SP2

-  SQL Server 2005 SP2

- MOSS 2007

I have completely install and configure k2 without any problem,but when I browse the k2 workspace, I  get the following message :

Unable to connect to maestro on port 5252
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

I tried telnetting to the server on port 5252, but the connection fails.

And I've seen this herror when K2 Sever is running in console mode:

Error 2001 Error Starting Host Server: bind() Failed. Error code: 10048; Error Invoking 'StartHostServer' : bind()Failed. Error code: 10048.

Has someone already faced that issue ?

Thanks for your help.

Angie

3 replies

Badge +3

Hello Angie,

Typicall if you are receiving the error:

Unable to connect to maestro on port 5252
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

This usually means that the K2 service is not running.  I would verify that the K2 blackpearl service is running first in services.  As for the error you receive in the console:

Error 2001 Error Starting Host Server: bind() Failed. Error code: 10048; Error Invoking 'StartHostServer' : bind()Failed. Error code: 10048.

This is usually indicative that you are attempting to run the console either with an account that does not have the log on as a service rights or that the K2 service is indeed running already.

This is leading me to believe that there may be another application or site that is arleady running on port 5252 thus preventing K2 from starting.

A simple way to check this is to open a cmd prompt  and do a nstat command to verify what is using which ports.  An example of this could be:

netstat -b > c:stuff.txt

the c:stuff.txt is an example of what you can name the file.  If you output this information to a txt file you can verify what is using a port thus being able to check if something is conflicting with K2's ability to run on port 5252.

hope this helps,

Jon

Badge +7

I am also having the same problem after installing 0807, I follow what you said to get the stuff.txt, found out that 5252 is not running, what should I do?

Active Connections

Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address        State           PID
  TCP    HKCT-K2V4DEV:1043      [DBServer]:ms-sql-s        ESTABLISHED     1464
  [K2HostServer.exe]

TCP    HKCT-K2V4DEV:1073      [DBServer]:ms-sql-s        ESTABLISHED     1464
  [K2HostServer.exe]

TCP    HKCT-K2V4DEV:1076      [DBServer]:ms-sql-s        ESTABLISHED     1464
  [K2HostServer.exe]

TCP    HKCT-K2V4DEV:1102      [DBServer]:ms-sql-s        ESTABLISHED     1464
  [K2HostServer.exe]

TCP    HKCT-K2V4DEV:1103      HKCT-K2V4DEV.[domain]:5555  ESTABLISHED     1464
  [K2HostServer.exe]

TCP    HKCT-K2V4DEV:5555      HKCT-K2V4DEV.[domain]:1103  ESTABLISHED     1464
  [K2HostServer.exe] 

Badge +8
Remember that you cannot run the K2 Server in both Service mode and Console mode simultaneously. In your case it seems that the server is already running as a Windows service, so stop it there before trying to run it in Console mode.