Action History

• 6 October 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi All,

Please what could be the reason why it takes time for "getlist" method of an SMO to execute when I did not set any delay time on load.?

I need to populate action history of an approval form, but takes long time to load. any help please?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

How to debug your issue:

1- execute the SMO method from the smartobject tester tool.

If you notice the same behaviour, enable the SMO logs then check them OR run the server in console mode and check what happens when you execute the method.

if the execution behaviour is fine, check step 2:

2- check the following link on how to debug smartforms:

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2smartforms/userguide/1.0.5/webframe.html#manually_debugging_forms.html

If you have too many records to display in a list view, I would suggest to enable the "paging" in the list.

If you are using editable list, recently we logged a feature request to make the paging available in the editable list because if you enable the paging in editable list it will not be editable anymore and it will become list view. We also logged to enhance  the performance of loading data into a list view.

If you have too many records to load, then the reason could be rendering all the records you have into HTML.

If you have a complex filter on the list method, I would suggest to create stored procedure and create your filter in a WHERE statement

wish this helps

Badge +6

@Mustafa,

Thank you for posting this! This is a great explation of dubugging the issue and has been helpful!

Kudos!

Matt A