cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I have 2 buttons on my form. "Save and complete later" and "Submit for approval". I would like my form to only redirect to a URL if its submitted for approval.

Jump to solution

So when the form is just saved, it reverts to the list view, which is what i want so the users can click on their item and complete the form.

Can anyone help here with possible javascript to add on the submit button or is another way to do achieve this?

Thanks

Tags (1)
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: I have 2 buttons on my form. "Save and complete later" and "Submit for approval". I would like my form to only redirect to a URL if its submitted for approval.

Jump to solution

Are you using the list form web part?

There you can set the redirect page

Workflow Hero

Re: I have 2 buttons on my form. "Save and complete later" and "Submit for approval". I would like my form to only redirect to a URL if its submitted for approval.

Jump to solution

A similar task is explained here:Nintex forms custom button submit AND redirect

0 Kudos
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Steve,

In case you didn't get this answered.  Here is one way to achieve the redirects via JavaScript:

1. Navigate to the Form Settings > Custom JavaScript Section and add a function like below

function doRedirectSave() {

window.top.location.href= "https://put your save url here";

};

function doRedirectSubmit() {

window.top.location.href= "https://put your save url here";

};

2. Select your save Button

2. Edit your save button > Advanced settings and place doRedirectSave(); in the Client click area as below.  Make sure the button action is set to "Save" which will save the record.

3. Do the same for the submit button and place doRedirectSubmit(); in the Client Click area.  Make sure the submit button action is set to "Save & Submit".

4. You can load the form in Preview mode to see if the redirects work.

Hope that helps.