cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I deleted someone from being CC'd on a notification with a workflow but she is still receiving notifications as CC'd

There was a parallel workflow and I removed the CC'd individual on each parallel action. I saved the update but the individual is still getting these notifications. Any ideas?

Thank you all in advance. I'm pulling my hair out over here.

Sarah

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
28 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: I deleted someone from being CC'd on a notification with a workflow but she is still receiving notifications as CC'd

Check to make sure you don’t still have some of the previous versions of your workflow running. If you go into the workflow settings it will show you all the previous versions and if any are running.

If that doesn’t fix the issue you could try exporting the workflow, then deleting the one from the list/site. Then import back in the copy you exported.

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Re: I deleted someone from being CC'd on a notification with a workflow but she is still receiving notifications as CC'd

Thank you for your prompt reply, Brendan! I do not see that the workflow is still running. They are all showing complete. I tried the export option but I don't know where to export to where I'd be able to import it back again. Maybe I need to erase the whole workflow and start from scratch. This makes me nervous, however, since it's not "my" workflow.

Thanks again!

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Just export the workflow and save the file to your computer. When you create a new workflow you have the option to import a workflow. You would select import and then select that file from your computer.

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I messed around with the import/export. When I tried to import it back it said that it was a list workflow as opposed to a site workflow. Does that shed any light?

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

You can’t import a list workflow into a site workflow. You need to create a new workflow on the list that you originally exported it from and import it there.

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I'm just today finding out there is a difference. LOL When I go into the workflows under the list, it says it's a 2010 workflow and I can't edit it within a browser. Says I have to use Designer, which I don't have.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

It sounds like the workflow in question is a SharePoint workflow and not a Nintex workflow.  How did you remove the person from the email CC if you don't have Designer to edit it?

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Maybe there are two workflows. I edited the one listed under Nintex Workflow 2013 "Manage Workflow Inventory." When I go to the list and then go to list settings then to the workflows I see it there, as well. Same title. Just says 2010 workflows.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

It should be the same workflow.  The Manage Workflow Inventory shows you every workflow in the site.  It will tell you if the workflow is part of a list or a site workflow though.  Strange that from the list it's telling you that you need designer.  Are you able to post a screen shot of what you're seeing just to be sure?

Accept as Solution Reply